Stomach botox is a new method recently used to combat excess weight. Thanks to this innovative application, the patient benefits from the advantage of being able to follow a diet more easily by reducing the feeling of hunger.
Today, many people want to lose weight to have a more aesthetic appearance and a healthy and fit body. However, the number of people who cannot diet because they cannot control their appetite and therefore cannot reach their ideal weight is too high to be underestimated. So, what to do with our excess weight that we can’t get rid of?
The evolution of health and medical aesthetics has revealed a brand-new surgical technique that has come to the rescue of those who cannot follow a diet in recent years: stomach botox!
Gastric botox can be applied to anyone who wants to lose weight. This procedure is not obesity surgery. However, certain criteria for patients may be applied.
- It is an appropriate method for those who cannot lose weight properly with diet and exercise.
- Gastric botox is not recommended for patients with a body mass index greater than 40 who may undergo bariatric surgery.
- The body mass index of patients to whom gastric botox will be applied must be less than 40. In other words, it is applied to people who cannot lose weight with diet and exercise, including the body mass index is between 27 and 35, and who have an excess of 10-20 kilos. At this stage, patients who are overweight but not obese enough to undergo surgery and want to lose weight are the ideal patient group.
In patients suffering from ulcers or gastritis in the stomach, first, appropriate treatment of these diseases can be carried out, and then gastric botox can be applied.
- Stomach botox is not obesity surgery.
- It is a procedure that is done by completely entering the mouth through endoscopy.
- There is no incision.
- The process takes an average of 20 minutes.
- Patients are put to sleep with an anesthetist during the procedure.
- Hospitalization is not necessary.
- Generally, 1 to 2 hours of observation are sufficient after the intervention.
- Appetite reduction and control are achieved within approximately 3 days following the gastric botox procedure.
Stomach Botox, which is one of the non-surgical treatments for obesity, is the application of the botox procedure with endoscopic method to certain points in the stomach of a patient whose body mass index is between 25 and 35 and who can’t lose weight no matter how hard they try.
Yes. While the feeling of hunger decreases after the Botox procedure applied to the stomach without surgery with Stomach Botox, the feeling of satiety is felt longer. Weight loss is achieved with proper diet and exercise.
The body mass index method is used all over the world to calculate if a person is obese. The result is obtained by dividing the person’s weight (kg) by the square of the height (m2). You can find your BMI value with the body mass index calculator below.