The forehead is an important part of the face, with time, signs of aging such as wrinkles and drooping eyebrows will appear. Usually the cosmetic operation of the forehead is performed on patients over the age of 40 years. However, assessment of the condition by an experienced plastic surgeon plays an important role.
The forehead process improves the face shape and lifts the drooping eyebrows by removing excess tissue, adjusting the muscles, and tightening the skin. People who suffer from genetic conditions such as: small or wide forehead or wrinkles above the nose, get a beautiful and consistent appearance with the process. The final result of the surgery depends largely on the quality of the skin and the experience of the cosmetic surgeon. Continued results also depend on other signs of aging.
This procedure is often performed on people in their 40s and 60s to hide the effects of aging. It can also help people with hereditary conditions, such as lines lined over the nose or dangling eyebrows. At the youth period, the low eyebrows that might give the face a “sad” look can be raised by the process. The procedure can also be performed on people whose eyebrows are too low, which affect their appearance.
Anyone who has one or more of these following causes can do a forehead lift:
- Wrinkles between the eyes.
- Horizontal wrinkles on the front.
- Drooping eyebrows.
- vTissues that hangs in the outer part of the eyelids.
- The hair will be removed from the operation area. Hair shaving may be needed in front of the forehead line.
- The surgeon will perform an incision at the ear level. This slit will pass through the upper part of the forehead into the hair line.
- If you are bald, the surgeon may make an incision in the middle of the scalp to avoid visible scars.
- After removing excess tissue, skin and muscle adjusting, the surgeon closes the incision with sutures or pins.
Before putting bandages, your hair and face will be washed so the skin of the scalp will not be irritate.
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Veli Karaaltin
Prof. Dr. Karaaltin acquired his medical degree in Medicine from Istanbul University, in the English-learner Branch, and ranked 12 out of 25.000 medical doctors, in the National Turkish Examination.